- KooKoo (Deluxe Edition)
- Debbie Harry
- Chrysalis Records
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- May 5, 2023
Vinyl 2×LP, Limited Edition$56.99
180 Gram Clear VinylRead More
Limited numbered edition of 6,000 units, 2x 180gm Clear Vinyl, Lenticular Image on a 5mm wide spine sleeve, Art Print and 2x Printed Inners
Debbie Harry's first solo album was recorded in 1981 while Debbie and Chris Stein took a break from Blondie. Teaming up with CHIC's Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards to produce an album fusing funk, rock, disco and new wave. Their innovative production pre-dated their future work with David Bowie and Madonna.
Originally released in 1981, KooKoo went on to sell half a million copies in America, attaining gold status. The album contained two hit singles, 'Backfired' and 'The Jam Was Moving'.
The iconic sleeve design by Swiss artist H.R. Giger (famous for his work on the Alien movie) has been restored from the original elements.
The audio for this release has been expanded to include a bonus 12" with remixes from the singles. It has been mastered from the original pre-production tapes and cut at Half-Speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios.
- 1 Jump Jump 4:20
- 2 The Jam Was Moving 2:59
- 3 Chrome 4:14
- 4 Surrender 3:35
- 5 Inner City Spillover 4:55
- 6 Backfired 4:52
- 7 Now I Know You Know 5:31
- 8 Under Arrest 2:56
- 9 Military Rap 3:48
- 10 Oasis 4:55
- 11 Backfired (Extended Version) 6:19
- 12 The Jam Was Moving (Extended Version) 5:00
- 13 Inner City Spillover (Extended Version) 6:00
- 14 Backfired (Bruce Forrest & Frank Heller Remix) 6:08
- 15 The Jam Was Moving (Chris Stein & Debbie Harry Remix) 3:31